Daily High-Intensity Workouts for general physical fitness, strength, and flexibility.

FUNCTION OVER FORM

Thursday, September 9, 2010

9/10/10 - WOD

"Tabata This!"

In any order:

Tabata Row
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Squat
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Pull-up
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Push-up
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Sit-up


Recommendations:

I think I've forgotten to try to "game" exercises. Believing that sprinting is the best option, I blindly thrust myself into a workout without formulating much of a game plan (besides what I actually am going to do). I think that the Tabata This workout presents a unique challenge: to get the highest score, one must strategize each lift.

What scoring, you ask?

During each exercise, the least amount of repetitions you do in 20 seconds is your score for that exercise. So if you do 15 pullups in one go around but get only 2 by your last set: unlucky. You scored a two.

If you can't do pullups, substitute with jumping pullups. And if you do not have a rowing machine lying around your apartment, replace it with Double Unders.

Here is my order as it stands now: push-up, squat, pull-up, sit-ups, Double Unders.

Get fit,

Rufio

No comments:

Post a Comment