Daily High-Intensity Workouts for general physical fitness, strength, and flexibility.

FUNCTION OVER FORM

Friday, June 25, 2010

6/25/10 - WOD

REST DAY

Become a follower of RUFIO

----------------------------------------------

Click on this sentence to watch Germany clown on Ghana

And here is a Disney Channel interpretation of Franz Beckenbauer in that game

Is it just me, or was Ghana completely inept? In a span of fifteen years, Ghana went from garbage to making it to the knockout phase. Thanks to globalization, most games of the World Cup are proficiently played and competitive - every country is "Deese."

Except North Korea: proof that communism and isolationism do not work. Seriously, I expected more from them. One would have figured that they had been training together in a secret military-soccer camp in the Kumgang Mountains since the age of 13. BBC reports that:

"North Korea may ring the changes after picking the same starting XI in their opening two matches.
Coach Kim Jong-hun is likely revert to an even more defensive system as they look to salvage pride after their 7-0 thrashing against Portugal."


So instead of the revolutionary 5-4-1 that has thwarted Brazil and Portugal, we can expect to see a 6-4 or maybe a 7-3.

Scientists built a rat lung yesterday. Oh, the double-edged sword that is science. Here are the two options:

A. As an optimist, I hope the rat lung is the first step toward the creation of my very own clone who exists solely to be harvested for organs as needed.

B. As a realist, here is where I truly see this "breakthrough" heading. (Sidebar, this trailer actually motivated me to watch Splice. I am 3/4 of the way through (side-sidebar: I hit the 72 minute mark on Megavideo, freezing the movie and my life for another 54 minutes), and I do not like where this is heading. Dren, the lab-experiment-gone-wrong/proof-that-science-should-stop, will bang either the male or female scientist - disgusting in both cases. I really should have finished watching the Portugal-Brazil game instead, but the first half was soooo boring. Cristiano doesn't even look like he wants to be there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment