Daily High-Intensity Workouts for general physical fitness, strength, and flexibility.

FUNCTION OVER FORM

Monday, June 14, 2010

WOD - 6/15/10

My apartment complex workout of the day:

Six Sets for time of:
17 flights of stairs UP
10 clap push ups
10 jump squats
17 flights back down
10 sit ups

------------------------------------------------------

From Jerry Maguire:

Two nights later in Miami at our corporate conference, a breakthrough. Breakdown? Breakthrough. It was the oddest most unexpected thing. I began writing what they call a Mission Statement for my company. You know--a Mission Statement--a suggestion for the future. What started out as one page became twenty-five. Suddenly I was my father's son. I was remembering the simple pleasures of this job, how I ended up here out of law school, the way a stadium sounds when one of my players performs well on the field... I was remembering even the words of the late Dicky Fox, the original sports agent, who said: the key to this job is personal relationships. And suddenly it was all pretty clear. The answer was fewer clients. Caring for them, caring for ourselves, and the games, too. Hey, I'll be the first to admit it. What I was writing was somewhat "touchy feely." I didn't care. I had lost the ability to bullshit. It was the me I'd always wanted to be. Starting our lives, really.

2 comments:

  1. seems like one hell of a workout. Wish I could run up stairs. But I will keep this one in mind for 6 weeks down the road.

    Doing 12 week p90x. I will let u know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good... I only made 4 flights up and down. I absolutely died. I am unsure if the workout was too ambitious or if I have not had a good diet (since I now have to pay for my own food and am unemployed, I'm not willing to drop 3 bucks on a bell pepper...). I am going to try it again in a couple weeks, hopefully get up to five.

    ReplyDelete