Daily High-Intensity Workouts for general physical fitness, strength, and flexibility.

FUNCTION OVER FORM

Monday, August 16, 2010

8/17/10 - WOD

TABATA (20 seconds intense x 10 seconds rest x 8 sets)

- Bike
- Pushups
- Situps

----------------------------------

Mad Men recap:

Though people hate on Draper, I like the direction. It's nice to see him take his lumps as of late - the depression, excessive drinking, apathy at work, fits of rage with clients, etc. - and, frankly, the absolute worst parts of the previous seasons were those involving his family. From Betty's sterility to the daughter's bizarre lisp to the cipher of a son, I found myself checking the Drudge or WSJ whenever the show shifted to home life.

Maybe it's the banker in me or I'm channeling McCarthy, but the counterculture artists of the 60's come of as phony LOSERS (some dude was taking pictures of sleeping people on the subway. From my extensive experience as an art critic - I did visit the MoMA for 3 hours this weekend and let me tell you Starry Night is freaking good - I find projects like that a bit silly... Some of the stuff in the MoMA is quite silly. I'd provide links, but that requires effort and, like the "artist" taking pictures of sleeping people on the subway, being a quality blogger/artist requires effort; considering the readership numbers - can you call 4 friends and 2 brothers a readership - I ain't breaking my ass for nobody. However, in the interest of blabbering on further, I'll describe a couple of the highlights: a bike wheel connected to a stool, random metal pots that could not hold anything, and more asexual dongs/boobs than anyone could fathom. For me, there has to be technical ability involved in the art. If I could paint it, it's hard to call it art...

No comments:

Post a Comment